Followers

9.02.2009

Poetry...

Here's a new poem for the masses! Hope you guys enjoy it :)


H.E. by Joni Michelle

It was a smoggy Sunday eve here in New Orleans..
And I was scrambling to get out of the rain
I decided to stop at this coffee shop
To contemplate about things..
And there HE was..
6'5..brown eyes..smile complimented the sunrise
And I knew, had we locked eyes..
I'd see a new horizon with this human being..I just know it
But the inner me...wouldn't let me show it..
Simply because....

HE wouldn't notice ME..cause I'm not the average chick
Fast cars and bling cant trap me...plus I'm not your definition of THICK
But damn I just wanna get close..and try to learn the most
about this ANGELIC creature I see...
Everywhere HE'D go...ID be sure to follow..
but I know HE wouldn't notice...ME

In the following weeks..I couldn't sleep
for thinking about the beauty I'd seen
Flashbacks, it seems...of this Adonis Dream..constantly made me cream.
OK..so yeah...I know I haven't heard him speak...but I know he'd make me weak..
If he just said my name...soft and slow...for me...OOOOHHHH JONI
*Giggles*
Hey...say what you choose, I have a right to swoon...Because In reality....


HE wouldn't notice ME..cause I'm not the average chick
Fast cars and bling cant trap me...plus I'm not your definition of THICK
But damn I just wanna get close..and try to learn the most
about this ANGELIC creature I see...
Everywhere HE'D go...ID be sure to follow..
but I know HE wouldn't notice...ME

So two weeks passed..
and I just gave up on speaking about him anymore
My girls came around..for a night on the town..
and wound up in somewhere we never been before..
Of course it was wall to wall with the Porcelain dolls
and I was starting to feel out of place.
I was ready to go, and as I searched for my girls..
my eyes stumbled upon a familiar face.
Could it be? Are you kidding me?
Yes...it was him..and as he shuffled across the room..
my heart begin to swim.
He grabbed my hands..pulled me to dance
and I was in the land of pure bliss.
From that day on..we've been on one accord
He even gave me my first real KISS.
I fell in love with this man..when he took my hand..
and now I'm a Bride to be.
But the question still remained the same..
All my letters asked...WHY ME?

So now we stand holding hands
on our very special day.
After reciting my wedding vows..here's what he had to say.

Dear Jay

When I saw you in the coffee shop that rainy day,
I knew you were the one who was destined to be.
I thought about you daily, to the point of no sleep.
It was then on , that I made it my mission, to see you again.
So I could love you, inside and out, and get to know the woman within.
You always ask, "Why Me?" and " What was it about me?"
But I say "What and Why not?" you?..We mesh so perfectly.
See you're not the average girl, and I'm a admirer of everything unique.
And you're not a size 2...but that's beautiful to me.
So what you're not a supermodel..you mean so much more..
You see...you're the PROTOTYPE of what EVERY woman should be.
I love you for you, each and every curve, and everything about you I treasure.
You may not be royalty to others, but today and forever more, You'll be my QUEEN forever!

Hope you all enjoyed it =]

No comments:

Listen to My Jiggy Jamsz!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones