Followers

3.02.2010

Dont you just LOVE updates? ^_^

Today's Quote..

"Im the topic of your conversation, and the product of determination. Stop playing, cause you are NOT up in my situation. Yall may be the ballers, but IM the sports agent..."

-Weezy F. Baby (edited)

What The BUSINESS IS? =]

First and foremost, I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who follows me on Twitter and here on  Blogger. I dont do this shit just for me, so much love to you for putting up with my non posting like Im supposed to ass..LMAO. Anyways, this is just a little update on me and my life, so in the famous words of some rapper that I dont remember...

LISTEEENNNNNNN..

So, I know I said Im a heathen, right?
 Weeeeeellll....JONI WENT TO CHURCH LAST SUNDAY! 
And despite what I thought, I didn't burn up like Eddie on Vampires In Brooklyn!
Mmhm. I'll give you a min to pick yourself up off the floor..



...........................[taps foot like Sonic, and plays with nails]........................



[Elevator music plays...]




Ok, now that that's over, back to it. Yes, I went to church, and I actually enjoyed it. The service was nice, the people were friendly (I guess...), and my sister even joined. I felt a tad bit uneasy though. The preacher revealed to us that his congregation bought him a Limited Edition Jaguar for his 40th birthday. He had me side eyeing his ass for quite a good minute, but I shook it off. I'll be back at MY church home next Sunday, so I won't have to worry about Minister "I got myself Jag".

In other news, I know MOST of you have seen me very emotional lately. Well, a man I knew as my grandfather, Mr. Melvin Hulbert, passed away on Friday, week before last. He was 76. Now, you would think he died from natural causes, or an "old folks" disease (Altzhimers,[sp] etc.), right? Well, I wish that would have been the case. Instead, he was shot to death by his OWN son. Yes, the child he HELPED create, killed him- straight cold blood. I still dont know what to say about it, cause Im still in shock. Hell, the family is still shook. What makes things even more weird, is the fact that my cousin Charlie, his grandson, died by the gun as well. Its scary. It just freaks me out. 

Grandpa Melvin was my EVERYTHING. He cared more for me than my REAL grandfather EVER has. He was always around. Never hurt anyone and ALWAYS gave me so much joy when I was around him. Its like, he always knew what to say or do to cheer me up or make me laugh. He helped my mother when she needed it. Being a single mom in the CRAZY ass hoods of New Orleans, AINT NO joke! He took care of me and her, and took us in as one of his own. Thats what made him so incredible. See, the little things he did, and his loving and accepting heart, meant the WORLD and so much more. I will ALWAYS be indebted to him for everything he did for me and my mom. My heart wouldn't allow me to go to the wake. I couldn't. Knowing that I was saying goodbye, even if its just for a little while, pained me. So, my mother and I bought a card, and I wrote a long and heartfelt letter to my second family. I just wanted to let them know, that no matter what, if they need me, just CALL.

Now, as for his son, he's currently in critical condition, and straight from the D.A.'s mouth..."We WILL try for the death penality. Right now, he's currently being charged with 1st degree murder." Now, I don't usually AGREE with the death penalty, but in THIS case, I think we can make an exception. Don't you? Hmmph.

And last but not least...
For those of you who are in or frequent the San Antonio area, I WILL be visiting from April 29th-May 3rd! You're MORE than welcome to visit me in my temp place of residence, so I will keep you all posted! 

And thats the gawt damn business people. =]

I'll be posting a NEW YT music vlog real soon, so look out for that! And if any of you have any requests, hit up my DMs on my twitter..http://www.twitter.com/joniceelove!

Till then..Im Outtie 5000!

Joni Cee..Alien in N.O.E


1 comment:

Mia J said...

Nice blog..and I know it's late, but my condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

Listen to My Jiggy Jamsz!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones